The Green Eco Warriors PDF file version of Jonathon’s presentation highlights the motivation for a lunch room recycling program that Jonathon Mejias started at his middle school. The Lunch room recycling program was the first step in our journey to becoming “Green Eco Warriors.” We have continued to learn and grow. We created Public Access Programming for WIN-TV called “Green Eco Warriors” (see videos link). The programs are intended to educate others about what they can do to get involved and make a difference. My family and I built this website to provide Motivation and Educational links to other sources we found helpful on our journey. We want to navigate people to current and factual information about what we can do to help our planet ~ our home. The more we learned, the more we realized that we needed to keep searching for facts.
- We stay true to our Mission “Educate and Motivate”. We believe it is youth that will heal the planet and save our future.
- Knowledge is power, so share what you learn. Together we can Make a difference! This our call to action…Green Eco Warriors unite!
- Facts we found during our research about Trash and where it goes after we bring it to the curb.
- Right now our oceans are full of plastics and trash.
- Only three to five percent of all plastics are recycled.
- Think about this: All plastic ever created still exists today! Except for the small amount incinerated.
Learn the facts:
- Many people do not even know that Plastics and trash are causing these huge problems.
- Americans generate more trash -than any other country.
- Most people are SHOCKED when they find out about plastic.
- Many people want to make changes, and get involved!
My knowledge is yours. If you would like copies of how Jonathon Mejias started the recycling program please e-mail me at email@example.com. I would love to help other schools get started with their own programs. I also have videos I can loan out that will help students understand the importance of getting involved and making a difference.